The mission of the American College of Cardiology is to advocate for quality cardiovascular care—through education, research promotion, development and application of standards and guidelines—and to influence health care policy.
ACC Core Values
- Professionalism: The interests of patients are primary.
- Knowledge: The College must promote growth, dissemination and application of knowledge about cardiovascular medicine.
- Value of the cardiovascular specialist: The cardiovascular profession makes a distinct contribution to medical care that should be recognized and enhanced.
- Integrity: Honesty, compliance with legal requirements, and ethical behavior are essential in all activities.
- Member driven: The College and its major activities must be led by active members and must promote volunteerism.
- Inclusiveness: The College involves a broad range of volunteers that reflects the composition of its membership.