The ACC Chapter Awards Program showcases the achievements of its Chapters.
The program highlights goals for both strong and developing Chapters, and illustrates the essential value of state organizations to their membership.
The College has 46 Chapters covering 49 states plus Puerto Rico.
This is the 4th Annual ACC Chapter Award Program. All Chapters are encouraged to apply for the Awards program. Chapter Affairs staff is available to assist your Chapter with the application process.
There are two award levels:
2009 ACC Chapter Award
Chapters are recognized with the ACC Award for meeting the College's standards of service and mission.
- Awardees are recognized during the BOG meeting in January at the Leadership Forum
- The Chapter President is invited to attend the ACC Board of Trustees meeting held during ACC.10
- At ACC.10, the Chapter President is recognized during the BOG & BOT Joint Luncheon
- The Chapter is recognized at the "All Chapter Reception" during ACC.10
- All Chapters receiving awards will be highlighted in the February issue of Cardiology
- Local News releases and coverage
The ACC Honors:
The ACC Honors are given to Chapter Awardees demonstrating the greatest overall achievement in one of the four mission categories.
2009 ACC Quality Honors
2009 ACC Membership Honors
2009 ACC Advocacy Honors
2009 ACC Education Honors
- The Chapter and its President will be profiled in Cardiology
- The Chapter Executive will receive a $3,000 bonus
- The Chapter will be nominated for an ASAE award
- Awardees are not eligible to receive an ACC Prize for the same category during the next three annual programs
Application Opens: November 3, 2009
Applications Closes: November 19, 2009
Applications must be submitted through Survey Monkey. No other form is acceptable.
- Please contact Chapter Affairs with any submission issues (email@example.com).
Awardees are determined by the BOG Steering Committee.
- Submitted applications are reviewed by Chapter Affairs for completeness.
- Complete forms are reviewed by the BOG Steering Committee on December 8, 2009.
- Chapters are then notified of the Committee's decision and receive details on the awards ceremony.
Winners are announced at the January Leadership Forum at Heart House.
The Chapter Awards are tiered to recognize different sizes and resources of Chapters. However, Chapters compete against themselves. The degree of meaningful impact depends upon the quality of vision and execution of leadership.
Levels are determined by size: Large (551 members or greater), Medium (201 - 550) or Small (200 or fewer members).